Gabriel Jesus has only been an Arsenal player for just over a fortnight but teammate Martin Odegaard can already see what qualities he'll bring to the Emirates next season.

The 25-year-old striker left Manchester City in a £45million transfer deal earlier this month, signing a lucrative five-year contract with the Gunners. Having already bagged three goals in two pre-season games, Arsenal supporters can't wait to see Jesus in action when their Premier League campaign kicks off against Crystal Palace on August 5 - just like Odegaard.

"I've only trained with him for a few days now, but it doesn't take long to see that he has a lot of qualities," the Norwegian midfielder revealed. "I think he will bring a lot of good things to the team. I've seen him play a lot for Man City and yes, I think we are lucky to have him.

"I'm really excited to play with him and link up, I think it could be fun. You see a lot in training to see what he's like. Strikers want different things but you have to watch him in training to see where he wants the ball. My job is to feed him and try to make him score goals. That's what I want to do.

"I have to learn his movements, how he wants the ball, where he wants the ball and those kinds of things. It takes a little bit of time but, in training, you can see what it's like and I think it will be fine."

Odegaard, whose efforts last term weren't enough to secure Champions League qualification, knows that the Gunners need to go one better this campaign and hopes signings like Jesus can be a driving force. "It definitely helps to get some new players in and to make the squad a bit bigger," the ex- Real Madrid starlet declared.

Odegaard is buzzing to play alongside Jesus when the new season begins
Jesus has apparently impressed in training for Arsenal

Have your say! Where will Arsenal finish next season? Click here to join the debate.

"At the end of last season, we were maybe a little bit short. It will help us. We had a good season last year. We didn't finish where we wanted to but if you look at the season before, I think we improved a lot and during the season we improved. This year, we have to take another step and I think the new signings will help us to do that."

Jesus himself is already loving life with the north Londoners while on tour in the United States, with manager Mikel Arteta delighted with his new No.9's early showings. "He looks really sharp, really dynamic. (He's got) a really good understanding with his teammates straight away," Arteta explained. "They are looking for him, he's generating chances, good connections around specific spaces we want to exploit with him especially, and yeah, we're really happy."

Read More

Read More