Jump directly to the content

Chelsea have reportedly held talks with representatives of Folarin Balogun over a move to Stamford Bridge.

The striker returned to Arsenal following a successful season-long loan at French club Reims, netting 21 goals.

The 21-year-old has impressed for Reims on loan from Arsenal
The 21-year-old has impressed for Reims on loan from ArsenalCredit: Getty

But Balogun’s exploits across the Channel has only increased his desire for more game time and he may have to leave the Emirates Stadium to find it.

According to Football Transfers, Balogun’s representatives have touched base with Chelsea over a switch to west London.

The Blues now appear to be leading the chase for the United States international who has attracted attention from a host of European clubs.

AC Milan and Inter along with Marseille, Monaco and RB Leipzig are all tracking the 22-year-old following his breakout season in Ligue 1.

Read more on Chelsea

Meanwhile, Chelsea are on the lookout for a No.9 despite the signing of Christopher Nkunku.

Kai Havertz’s move to Arsenal has left Chelsea in short supply with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is likely to move on this summer after a disappointing spell at Stamford Bridge.

Balogun’s path to first-team football at Arsenal is likely to be blocked by striker Gabriel Jesus and recently revealed he has no intention of securing another loan move.

He said: "What I can say is that I definitely won't go on loan again.

"I'm not sure on the discussions that are going to take place, I'm not sure what's going to happen.

"But I'm just committed to now, I try to stay present.”

Balogun has scored more goals (2) than he has starts (1) for Arsenal
Balogun has scored more goals (2) than he has starts (1) for ArsenalCredit: Getty

The Gunners are unlikely to stand in Balogun’s way if an offer matching their valuation is received.

Arsenal are thought to want £50million for their academy star ahead of a potential bidding war for the striker.

Topics