Got a TV Licence?

You need one to watch live TV on any channel or device, and BBC programmes on iPlayer. It’s the law.

Find out more
I don’t have a TV Licence.

Live Reporting

Emlyn Begley

All times stated are UK

1. Goodnight

Right that's it, we're calling it a day now.

Chelsea, you've had your chance to announce this Enzo Fernandez deal.

We know he's joining the Blues for a British record £107m from Benfica - but they just haven't announced it yet.

Come back to us tomorrow to see if they finally confirmed it or not...

Bye.

2. Post update

Oh look a Chelsea teaser in their Twitter bio. Just announce it already...

Chelsea
  3. Post update

Bournemouth have completed the signings of Ukraine centre-back Illia Zabarnyi and Ivory Coast midfielder Hamed Traore.

Zabarnyi, 20, has moved to the Cherries from Dynamo Kyiv for a fee reportedly worth about £24m.

He has signed a five-and-a-half-year deal at Vitality Stadium.

Traore, 22, has joined from Sassuolo on an initial loan which will become a five-year deal in the summer for a fee in the region of £20m.

4. Post update

Crystal Palace have signed Naouirou Ahamada from Stuttgart for 11m euros (£9.7m), while Arsenal's Albert Sambi Lokonga has joined the club on loan.

France youth international Ahamada, 20, has agreed a three-and-a-half year deal which is subject to international clearance.

The midfielder has scored twice and contributed two assists in 17 starts for the Bundesliga side this season.

Meanwhile, Lokonga, 23, will join the Eagles until the end of the season.

5. Post update

Of Arsenal's top two transfer targets, Mykhailo Mudryk chose Chelsea over the Premier League leaders, while bids for Brighton's Moises Caicedo were repeatedly rebuffed.

That has led to the arrivals of Leandro Trossard and Jorginho appearing to be second-choice signings to some, but should that necessarily be the case for two experienced top-flight operators?

So has January been a missed opportunity - or did Arsenal already have enough in their ranks to ensure they will get over the line despite their minimal winter business?

Read more here.

6. Post update

Arsenal have signed Italy midfielder Jorginho from Chelsea in a £12m deal.

The 31-year-old, who joined Chelsea from Napoli in 2018, was in the last six months of his Blues' contract.

He passed a medical on Tuesday and signed an 18-month contract with the option of a further year.

"Jorginho is a midfield player who has intelligence, deep leadership skills and a huge amount of Premier League and international experience," said Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta.

7. Post update

Nottingham Forest have signed Newcastle midfielder Jonjo Shelvey and Atletico Madrid defender Felipe for undisclosed fees, and PSG goalkeeper Keylor Navas on loan.

Navas, 36, will provide cover for the rest of the season after Dean Henderson sustained a thigh injury.

8. Post update

Southampton have signed Rennes winger Kamaldeen Sulemana and Genk striker Paul Onuachu.

Ghana's Sulemana, 20, joins for a club-record fee of £22m.

9. Post update

Leicester have completed the signing of Australia defender Harry Souttar from Stoke City in a £15m deal which could eventually rise to £20m with add-ons.

The 24-year-old centre-back has joined the Foxes on a five-and-a-half-year deal until the summer of 2028.

Born in Aberdeen, Souttar's career began at Celtic before moving to Dundee United and then joining Stoke in 2016.

He has won 13 caps for Australia and was part of the side that reached the last 16 of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

10. Post update

Tottenham have signed full-back Pedro Porro from Sporting Lisbon on loan until the end of the season, with an obligation to buy for 45m euros (£40m).

The 23-year-old Spain international joined Sporting in August 2020 on a two-year loan deal, which became permanent last summer.

He was previously at Manchester City, but did not play for the first team.

Porro's arrival coincides with Spurs ending the contract of Matt Doherty, who has joined Atletico Madrid.

Fellow defender Djed Spence has also left Spurs, signing for French side Rennes on loan for the rest of the season.

11. Post update

Manchester United have signed Bayern Munich midfielder Marcel Sabitzer on loan until the end of the season.

The 28-year-old joins Erik ten Hag's squad until the end of the season following Christian Eriksen's long-term injury and a short-term problem for Scott McTominay.

Sabitzer has made 54 appearances for Bayern since joining in August 2021.

"Sometimes in life you have to make quick and important decisions," Sabitzer said.

"I feel that I am at my peak as a player, and that I can contribute a lot of experience and energy to the squad."

12. Post update

Shall we have a little recap of the day's top deals?

13. Post update

Fulham have signed Arsenal defender Cedric Soares on loan until the end of the season.

View more on twitter
  14. Arsenal's January dealings

15. Post update

The thing is...

We know it's happened. Benfica have released a statement. The manager has said he's gone.

So we're probably just waiting for the Chelsea media team to make a 'funny' video to announce Enzo Fernandez.

Photoshopping Enzo into a scene of Eastenders or the Apprentice something.

Just do the statement and make the video tomorrow morning pls.

16. Post update

Can't remember if I told you this has happened or not. Championship side West Brom have signed Leicester's title-winning midfielder Marc Albrighton on loan.

View more on twitter
  17. 'Cancelo wants to play more football'

Michael Brown

Former Manchester City midfielder on the Football News Show

I think you look at a period of time before Joao Cancelo was so good, he didn't play, he got frustrated and upset and didn't really like what he was seeing and wanted to play football.

He'd had an unbelievable time, player of the month, player of the season at times, stepping in from left-back into that midfield position and then obviously it's been very difficult with players coming back form the World Cup, missing certain levels of football.

He's come back, he's found himself not in the team, as several others have done and I'm guessing he has decided to say that he wants to play more football.

18. Post update

Oh i wonder how the super-rich team will announce the signing of a millionaire. How exciting.

19. Post update

Life is too short to be sitting here writing words as we wait for a football signing at almost 1am.

I need to seriously reassess my life choices don't I.

20. Stoke sign Man Utd defender on loan

Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe has joined Stoke City on loan until the end of the season.

There is no option or obligation to buy the 25-year-old at the end of the season.

Tuanzebe hasn't played a first-team game in over a year. His last match was on loan for Napoli in January 2022, a 5-2 loss to Fiorentina.

Axel Tuanzebe