Moises Caicedo is considering handing in a TRANSFER REQUEST to force a late move to Arsenal OR Chelsea through, as the Gunners have a £60m bid rejected... with Brighton holding out for AT LEAST £80m

• Arsenal and Chelsea are interested in signing Brighton star Moises Caicedo 
  • However, the Gunners had a £60m bid rejected for the Ecuadorian on Friday
  • Caicedo is desperate for a move and is prepared to submit a transfer request

Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo is desperate to force through a move to either Arsenal or Chelsea before next week’s transfer deadline.

Sportsmail understands Caicedo is considering his options with the possibility of submitting a transfer request to secure his dream move to London after Arsenal submitted a formal offer for him not ruled out.

It remains to be seen whether he is in the right frame of mind to face Liverpool in the FA Cup on Sunday.

Arsenal have had a £60m bid for Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo rejected out-of-hand

Arsenal have had a £60m bid for Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo rejected out-of-hand

Arsenal have made a £60million offer for the 21-year-old. The offer will not be accepted by Brighton.

The Gunners are set to return with an improved offer. A bid of around £80million may tempt Brighton - who sold Leandro Trossard to Arsenal last week, into selling Caicedo - although they recognise it could be difficult to reject the overtures if the midfielder pushes harder for an exit.

Caicedo is also concerned he may not get chance to join Arsenal or Chelsea in the  summer as they're actively looking for midfielders now

The Gunners want to strengthen their options in midfield after an injury to Mohamed Elneny

The Gunners want to strengthen their options in midfield after an injury to Mohamed Elneny

Chelsea also have a concrete interest in the midfielder and news of Arsenal’s offer may see the Stamford Bridge side accelerate a move.

The Blues stole Mykhailo Mudryk from under Arsenal’s noses earlier this month - it remains to be seen whether Chelsea hijack another of Arsenal’s attempted transfers.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference on Friday ahead of Brighton's FA Cup tie with Liverpool, Seagulls boss Roberto De Zerbi commented on the ongoing speculation surrounding Caicedo.

He said: 'He is a good guy. He is focused only on Brighton. I hope he can stay with us until the end of the season because, in my opinion, it is the best solution for him and for us. 

Sportsmail understands Caicedo is desperate for a move and could submit a transfer request

Sportsmail understands Caicedo is desperate for a move and could submit a transfer request 

'I spoke with him on Wednesday and I told him my opinion.'

Arsenal are keen to sign a new midfielder to ensure their title push isn't derailed, with the Gunners lacking strength in depth in that position.

Granit Xhaka and Thomas Partey have been exceptional this season, but Albert Sambi Lokonga has flattered to deceive - while Mohamed Elneny is set to be absent for a while after suffering a knee injury in training.

The Gunners are set to return with an improved offer for the 21-year-old midfielder (right)

The Gunners are set to return with an improved offer for the 21-year-old midfielder (right)

Declan Rice is emerging as one of their top summer targets, with the 24-year-old widely-expected to leave West Ham at the end of the season - but Arsenal are keen to strengthen now.

The Gunners have significant funds available in the transfer market, as demonstrated by their failed pursuit of Mykhailo Mudryk - who moved to Chelsea. 

When speaking earlier this week, Caicedo had insisted he was only concentrating on playing for De Zerbi's side and continuing their impressive season which sees them in sixth place.

He said: 'I am focused on Brighton. I am here, I’m playing every day. Things from outside don’t trouble me, nor does it take that focus away, because I’m focused only on here.

'I handle [the speculation] well. You hear rumours here and there, but I only try to be focused on the club where I am now, the club that opened the doors for me to be playing every week.'

Caicedo joined the Seagulls from Independiente del Valle in Ecuador back in 2021.

Mikel Arteta want signings so the Gunners can maintain their Premier League title challenge

Mikel Arteta want signings so the Gunners can maintain their Premier League title challenge

He has since gone on to make 31 appearances for the club and has established himself as one of the most promising midfielders in the Premier League.

Arsenal are five points clear at the top of the Premier League with a game in hand on Man City - while they face their title rivals in the FA Cup fourth round on Friday night. 

The comments below have not been moderated.

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.

We are no longer accepting comments on this article.