Piers Morgan has made very little secret of his admiration for Cristiano Ronaldo and his desire to see the five-time Ballon d'Or winner one day pull on an Arsenal shirt.

Now, days before his bombshell, tell-all interview with the Manchester United star is set to air on Piers Morgan Uncensored, the journalist has doubled down on his wish and claimed that Ronaldo signing for the Gunners would "take us [Arsenal] to the title."

After one Twitter user jokingly suggested the whole interview was a ploy to get Ronaldo to make the move to the Emirates, Morgan replied: "I wish that was true."

When another user claimed Morgan was desperate for Ronaldo to join the Gunners and play up front every game, he hit back: "Yes, actually. He's exactly what we need. @Cristiano & @gabrieljesus9 would take us to the title."

On the contrary, it would hinder just about everything positive Mikel Arteta has done over the last couple of years as Gunners' boss.

Under the Spaniard's watch, Arsenal sit five points clear at the top of the Premier League and will see in Christmas Day in first-place for the first time since the 2007/08 season. They have achieved that feat with the youngest side in the top-flight, with an average age of 23 years and seven months.

Piers Morgan feels Cristiano Ronaldo would be a title-winning signing for Arsenal

HAVE YOUR SAY! Would Ronaldo be a successful signing for Arsenal? Comment below

Spearheaded by 23-year-old captain Martin Odegaard, with 21-year-old duo Bukayo Saka and Gabriel Martinelli both causing opposition full-backs nightmares on either flank and Gabriel Jesus doing the same as he leads the line - this new-look Arsenal appears to have finally clicked.

It took plenty of time, with Arteta coming under serious pressure in the process as he oversaw Arsenal's worst run of form since the 1950s at the tail end of 2020.

Now, finally seeing the fruits of his tireless labour, it would be the most questionable decision of Arteta's managerial career so far to add the grenade of temper tantrums and transfer leaks that comes with the arrival of Ronaldo.

It would appear that the five-time Ballon d'Or winner has very little respect for authority when things aren't going his way, as he admitted during his interview with Morgan he doesn't even respect his boss Erik ten Hag.

"I don't have respect for him because he doesn't show respect for me. If you don't have respect for me, I'm never gonna have respect for you," Ronaldo said in the interview via The Sun. "If you don’t have respect for me, I'm never gonna have respect for you."

Morgan wants to place a player who said that into a dressing room governed by a manager who had no issues exiling his captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, a man who was so vital in their FA Cup triumph the year prior, after his final 'disciplinary breach'.

Mikel Arteta does not suffer fools gladly (
Image:
Visionhaus/Getty Images)

The world was able to see how Arteta runs his squad via the recent Amazon 'All or Nothing' docu-series, it is glaringly obvious to anyone who watched that Ronaldo is not the required age-profile nor of the required mindset to add anything to the dressing room.

Ronaldo's arrival in the red half of north London would do little more than spark Arsenal's demise before they have even reached the full potential of what Arteta has been trying to build over the last three years.

Morgan surely sees that but is perhaps blinded by his devotion to Ronaldo to take note of the fact that the Portugal superstar is the past, while Arteta's sights are set firmly on the future.